[AccessD] Linked Table Limits?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Feb 9 06:04:04 CST 2007

<<WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????>>

  There are optimizations that can be carried out on a text field which
cannot be done with a number.  It would also allow for fewer indexes (I
don't have to index the PK and another field to search).

  Of course, there is always the flip side; it depends on how big the string
fields are.

  Then of course they were stupid if they are all defined as variable.

Jim.