[AccessD] What type of query....

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:06:19 CST 2007

Defining 2 addresses is somewhat limiting.

For example, some of the Canadian snowbirds have addresses in Arizona,
Mexico or Florida that are active at different times of year.  Others have
weekend cabins.  Some people have a physical address for deliveries and a
post office box for mail, or may recieve deliveries at the address of an
acquaintance.  I have on several occasions had multiple concurrent work
addresses.  Keeping track of former addresses and time the address was
active is often necessary for historical purposes.  One example I've run
into is where a person is building or buying a home with a fixed possession
date and correspondence needs to be sent during the process.  Often I've run
into cases where a landlord owns many different properties or a person may
own a few businesses, each of which maintains a distinct address.

Joining aliased tables for an indeterminate number of potential joins is
messy.  I use a parent Entity form with an addresses subform as a flexible
and expandable solution.  Generally, in this kind of relationship, I do the
reverse as well.  An Address parent form with and Entity subform.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com