[AccessD] A97 Linked Tables

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Feb 10 17:24:38 CST 2007

Hi John

Good question.
It mentions caching, multi-user access, and API calls to the mdb file but what that implies is not clear.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 10-02-07 11:50 >>>
What this doesn't discuss is where the performance hit is encountered.  Is
it when a lock is attempted on the BE?  If so then the "hold the be open"
trick would "solve" the issue.  Is it every time a specific table is
referenced in a query?  That would be much more serious since that would
imply no method other than the ones discussed in this KB article would work.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting