[AccessD] Dates As Criteria

Wed Feb 14 11:35:41 CST 2007

Not only is this a quick way to remove the time [Using Fix()], it returns a
Date data type value. Using Format to remove the time *looks* ok, but what
you are getting back from the Format() function is a string. That introduces
other possible bug sources.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:57 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Dates As Criteria

Hi Mark

The quick way to remove the time portion is to use Fix:

  WHERE Fix(ArrestDT) Between

The advice from Arthur about using static functions is a couple of days old.

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 14-02-2007 16:46:08 >>>
I set the parameters...no change...and the reason I I use the format
function is that the field ArrestDT is stored as a general date...with time.

  So I format to get just the short date.