[AccessD] Dates As Criteria

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 14 13:36:40 CST 2007

Hi Mark

Yes, you are confused.

First, "Short Date" can be anything, it is localized. Thus, the strict US format expression I wrote about
Second, as you write it, only "2/14/2007" would be returned. JET SQL has no way to know that is a date - it will think you are making two divisions. Thus, you must wrap it in hashmarks to make it string expression for a date value: "#2/14/2007#".

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 14-02-2007 20:25:35 >>>

Thanks Gustav,

I thought If I used Format(ArrestDT,"Short Date") it would be a date...and
not a string?  Am I confused?

Thanks,

Mark