[AccessD] Date() Problem

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:52:35 CST 2007

Hello All,

I have had a nightmare with dates lately.  I have a query that runs using
Date() as criteria because I only want stuff for current date.  I was using
Format()...but will change to FIX() after the last thread...the problem is
on 1 machine neither works with Date() as criteria.  Just on this 1
machine(that I know of) when I try to run the query I get the error:

"Function isn't available in expressions in query expression '
(((Fix([dt]))=Date()))'."

If I switch Date() to an actual date #1/24/07# it runs fine.  I even tried
FIX(Now())...and this worked...apparently this machine does not like
Date()???

Any ideas/suggestions?  I need to know if I'm using  Date() the wrong
way(kinda like FORMAT) or is this something unique to this 1 machine?

Thanks Again,

Mark A. Matte