[AccessD] Dates As Criteria

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Feb 16 16:44:55 CST 2007

Hi Patricia

But that will return 2004-03-14 12:00:00 as well ...

/gustav

>>> Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us 16-02-07 22:40 >>>
I stopped using BETWEEN quite awhile ago because of problems I had run
into using Access as a front end to Oracle. Even in passthru queries and
straight PlSql queries I use the date before and the date after.  This
way I am guaranteed to get all records with the correct date even if the
"time" is 00:00:00.

SO if you wanted between March 15, 2004 and July 10, 2004 I would write

SELECT tblArrests.ArrestDT, tblArrests.ArrestLocation
FROM tblArrests
WHERE ArrestDT > '14-MAR-2004'
    And ArrestDt < '11-JUL-2004'