[AccessD] Informix and Access

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 28 02:26:16 CST 2007

Hi John

Sounds like Informix is running on another machine.
Thus, servername and hostname(address) must be those of the server.

/gustav

>>> askolits at ot.com 28-02-2007 02:55:03 >>>
Anyone ever have any luck connecting to an Infomix database.

I'm trying to set up an ODBC for Access and can't quite figure out the
configuration. Here are the ODBC settings I'm trying.

Server Name: office-xp  (This is the computer name of my PC)
Host Name:  192.168.1.15  (This is the IP address of my PC)
Service:  1525
Protocol:  olsoctcp
Database Name: c:\Test Infomix\InfomixDatabaseFolder\
UserID: ???
Pwd: ???

I was given a User name and password from someone who uses the database but
it didn't work. I'm thinking I need to put in "my" Pc's login info as I'm
the administrator?

The error I'm receiving when trying to 'test the connection' is:

"Test Connection was NOT successful.[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Attempt
to connect to database server (office-xp) failed."

Any idea?

Thanks,

John Skolits