[AccessD] OT - ISO 3166 Country Codes

Webadmin - Tenbus spike at tenbus.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 06:49:17 CST 2007

Following on from the recent discussion about sharing useful lists of
stuff, and indeed the new facility to view the dba web site in
non-english, I wonder if anyone would like to help me compile a list of
Country Codes.

I'm working on an address database and it seemed to me that it would be
useful to use the ISO 3166 two letter code.

The source data that I'm working from comes from the ISO web site
<http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/index.html>
and so far I've created a lookup table in English and French.

I've uploaded csv, Excel and Open Office formated spreadsheets to my web
server <http://tenbus.co.uk/iso3166/> if anyone's interested.

I would appreciate if anyone had the time to add translations into any
other languages.

Best regards and Happy 2007 to all!
Chris Foote

BTW - When completed, I would like to upload this list to the DBA
Reference Lists area
<http://www.databaseadvisors.com/reference/referencelists.asp>