[AccessD] Convert Clarion Serial Date to Access Normal Date

Gale Perez galeper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 15:42:38 CST 2007

Hello!

I have been given an Access table, exported from Clarion, with a date field
containing a serial number representing the date.  I understand that the
Clarion date begins December 28,1800, and that Access begins with December
31, 1899, or 36162 days later.  I created a query to update the Clarion date
to ClarionDate-36162 (although i've also seen advice to subtract 36161
- I'll know which is right once I've converted the serial to a date), but
how do I convert that serial number to a regular date?  I've tried
CDate([MyNumber] and Format([MyNumber,"mm/dd/yyyy") (and I've tried
rearranging the days, months and years in the Format function), but to no
avail.  Could someone please advise me how to do this?

Thank you very much for any suggestions,
Gale