[AccessD] Closing Word

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 17 15:59:38 CST 2007

Dear List:

I am using the following code to open a word doc the path and file name of
which are in the bound field fldFabWorkInstrucitons.

Private Sub fldFABWorkInstructions_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)

Dim objWord As Word.Application

Dim objWordDoc As Word.Document

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

With objWord

    'Visible is set True in order to view the operation.

    .Visible = True

    .Documents.Open (Me.fldFABWorkInstructions)

End With

End Sub

If works fine, but I'd like to terminate the process when the user is
finished looking at the document.  How can I know when this happens?  The
user might, while the doc is open, leave the form where it was opened.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334