[AccessD] OT - ISO 3166 Country Codes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 1 12:43:09 CST 2007

Hi all

Notice that the ISO 3166-2 list (with region names) which is hard to get is contained in the file Provincias.zip and only the field names are in Spanish.
The other file, Paises.zip, contains the ISO 3166-1 list (country names only) in Spanish and includes both the two- and three-letter country codes.

Also, note that most lists available except for those from iso.org are not up to date, and that full lists sadly are not free at iso.org.
However, update letters are available for free here:

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/03updates-on-iso-3166/index.html

so you would be able to run your own updating.

Finally, note that some entries are not "real" countries. At least for the Scandinavian countries, Faeroe Islands and Greenland belong to Denmark and Åland Islands belong to Finland.

/gustav

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 01-01-2007 14:10 >>>
> I would appreciate if anyone had the time to add translations into any other languages.

Google turned up a couple of other resources:

Someone's done it for German here:
http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/1051

and a zipped Access mdb in Spanish here:
http://www.gbif.es/Recursos_in.php

Stuart