[AccessD] Access 2007

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 2 13:25:56 CST 2007

Hi Martin

If you can tell how the filenames relate to the records, I guess all that is needed is a simple loop assigning a filename to each record. A picture of a product could be named pid73217.gif, and if your product ID is 73217 that would be pretty easy.

/gustav

>>> mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk 02-01-2007 20:00 >>>
Thanks Gustav

This is the section I am interested in. How can we automatically via code add the attachments to each record in the field. DOing it to a single field is easy. But I see several problems adding for example a doc fiel to each record for example add an individually named word doc to each record other the relevent doc to be added to each records.

The bit below if it was the same file you where adding it would be and is easy its when you want to add different files based on the records in the table.

Martin

Repeat the process for the other rows. This table is small enough that it takes only a small period of time to add all attachments. You could write code to automate the process if you need to do this for a larger table.

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall
Belfast