[AccessD] Copy Record on form

Bob Heygood bheygood at abestsystems.com
Wed Jan 3 22:47:51 CST 2007

Hello to the list,

When I select a record on a form and copy it and paste append, I seem to
only get a new record with data in those fields which have a visible control
on the form.

I have tested this and am wondering if someone could do the same.
My need is to only display some fields with controls on the form but when
coping the record, have all the fields data be pasted into the new record.
This seems to be the case whether I do it from the menu items manually or
use code using the

   DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPasteAppend
Or
	DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 2, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 'Paste Append
Methods.

I am totally out of space on this form and would like this to work.
Otherwise I guess I will have to use SQL in the code.

A2003

TIA

Bob Heygood