[AccessD] Lopping over events A 2007

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 10 18:59:17 CST 2007

  Some snippets that might help

You may have to use code to open the form in design view
to get at module text

   For Each ctl In Me.Controls
  Select Case TypeName(ctl)
      'Case "TextBox" _
       '   , "ComboBox" _
       '   , "CommandButton" _
       '   , "ListBox" _
       '   , "Label"
        ' ctl.Font = "Arial"
        ' ctl.FontSize = 10
      Case "CommandButton"
      Debug.Print ctl.Name; ctl.Properties.Item("OnClick").Value
      'note the above property name has spaces removed
      'this print line returns ButtonName [Event Procedure]
       'tells you a module is associated with button

      End Select
    Next ctl

or to get the code behind the form

Dim strFrmName As String
    Dim loForm As Form
    Dim loMod As Module
    Dim pkType As Long
    strFrmName = Me.Form.Name
    DoCmd.OpenForm strFrmName, acDesign
         Set loForm = Forms(strFrmName)
        Debug.Print loForm.Name; ".HasModule = "; loForm.HasModule
        If loForm.HasModule = True Then
            Set loMod = loForm.Module

            On Error Resume Next
            Debug.Print loMod.CountOfDeclarationLines  ' Number of
Declares for form module
            Debug.Print loMod.CountOfLines  ' Number of module lines of
code for form.
            Debug.Print loMod.Name  ' form name being interogated
            Debug.Print loMod.Lines(1, loMod.CountOfLines)  '  List All
Module lines of code
            'I guess you have to use this to find start and end of proc
lines

            'Debug.Print loMod.Find("PART", 1, 1, loMod.CountOfLines,
1000, False, False, True)
              ' returns true if "part" is found
            'Debug.Print loMod.ProcStartLine("OutputToHTML_Click", pkType)

        End If

Exit_OutputToHTML_Click:
    Exit Sub

Martin Reid wrote:

>Is it possible to check every form buttons on click property to see if they are using Event Procedures or Embedded macros. If using macros is there a way to capture the text of the macro?
>
>Martin
>
>Martin WP Reid
>Training and Assessment Unit
>Riddle Hall