[AccessD] OMG!!!!!!

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 17 16:24:27 CST 2007

Well John;

The RAID drives are mostly duplication... just add a couple or 320GB, single
partition drives ($200.00) and you could have a mirrored backup. Fast,
reliable and (in context) cheap... who says you can't have it all

I have done this using an Ubuntu Linux. It uses a real old box (1.5 years
old with four older small 100GB drives), the install was easier than
Windows, (and when I say it is easy it really is. The only prompts that
require entry are how much space to allocate for the partition(s) and an
admin password.), it took only 15 minutes to connect to the network (which
has always been the biggest pain when managing mix systems). The resultant
partition created was across the all the drives making 400GBs of space. It
is real cheap and fast.

I have been selling this backup concept to clients who want a reliable cheap
backup and have made a few sales. Even one government office is seriously
planning on contracting my services.

Jim