[AccessD] Visual Source Safe with Access Add-in

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Jan 18 15:39:26 CST 2007

It isn't much harder than that once you have SourceSafe installed on
your PC.  I think there's a readme file with the download, but you just
run the installer and it adds the SourceSafe item to your Access Tools
menu (VSS needs to be installed first, though).  To add all the objects
in a database to SourceSafe, just open the database, select SourceSafe
from the tools menu, and click on Add Objects to SourceSafe.  Create
Database from SourceSafe Project is the option you use when you want to
pull a database out of SS so you can modify objects in it.

To get a non-SS version of the database for testing or whatever, just
close the database file and then compact it to a new name.  When VSS
asks if you want to remove it from source control, say yes, and the
compacted copy is not bound to sourcesafe.

Charlotte Foust