[AccessD] Runtimes - Preferably AccessXP but 2003 if absolutelyrequired

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sun Jan 28 21:08:15 CST 2007

...for Access 2002(XP) you need the Office XP Developer Edition, which of
course MS no longer sells ...this product gives you a license to distribute
unlimited copies of the Access XP runtime ...you can either buy that version
directly from a trusted source on the web or you can buy Visual Studio Tools
for the Microsoft Office System (the Access 2003 version) and Microsoft will
give you a copy of Office XP Developer Edition through a special program
that you have to jump through hoops for...come to think of it, since they've
released Office 2007, that program may no longer be available either..

...keep in mind that there is no runtime equivalent for Excel/Outlook/Word
and if you reference Office 10 objects and call them from a system with only
Office 11 installed, or vice-versa, the software will object ...hth.

William Hindman