[AccessD] Application.echo and screen flicker

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jan 30 10:35:39 CST 2007

Have you tried Me.Painting settings?

Charlotte Foust

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of JWColby
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:15 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Application.echo and screen flicker

I am trying to append text to a text box, move the insertion pointer to
the end so that the last stuff in the text box is always visible, and do
so without the text in the text box jumping around.  If I just append
the text and use SelStart to move to the end, the text box "jumps" to
the beginning as the append happens, then to the end when the selStart
happens.  So I use Application.Echo off at the beginning, then
Application.Echo on at the end.
This does prevent the text box "jumping" but now the Access window
itself redraws.

Any way to get the best of both worlds?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting