[AccessD] My Book and Thanks

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Jan 31 20:08:57 CST 2007

Great Work Martin!

It's a five star rating!!

Dan Waters

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Martin Reid
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:15 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] My Book and Thanks

I just finished writing Professional Access 2007 for Apress. This is not an
ad. I just wanted to thank the following individuals and this list in
general for all the assistance I received when writing this book. from
people reading and commenting chapters to individuals testing code to people
who allowed me to reuse their code adn indeed in John and Drews case their
class postings. If I have left your name out  forgive me. So in no order
thank you to the following

John Colby for code and writing and trying to teach me about classes
Marty Connelly for amazing examples. and teaching
AD for permissions and being a gentleman
Drew for code and writing and classes
Rocky for permissions and review and being a friend
Shamil for code (GUIDs)
Steve for reveiw

Others whose code I have put into the book will see their name in print at
some point in the book  and a big thank you to all. Many books begin with
thanks and I could not have done it without you statements. In this case
that is so true, I would never have finished this book where it not for this
list and the unselfish actions of its many members.

Overall the book is my creation (with exceptions mentioned) I hope it is
well received it took 8 months of work every evening and contains what I
think are pointers to the direction Access is going. Its dosnt contain mind
blowing code examples, nothing new or origional (excepts Marty Connellys
example) but its my first book "alone" and personally whatever the amazon
reviews say I will be proud of it. I cant of course forgot Susan Harkins
whose fault this all is.

Finally in the immortal words of Rocky

"Yo Adrian I DID IT"

Martin