[AccessD] Never Take a job for a friend (Three level designquestion)

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Sun Jul 1 05:07:03 CDT 2007

Hi Joe,

Not sure I fully understand the setup, but here goes.

Since your question is about ordering the seeing of notes, I presume you
already have some access control in place, so that the system knows whether
the current user is D,S,M or E (Dispatcher, Supervisor, etc).

I'd probably put all the notes in one table, with each record time-stamped
on creation, and identified by employee and creator-type (S,M or E).  Then
querying can exclude records that the current user shouldn't see, and order
on the creation time-stamp.

If for some reason you *have* to have separate tables, then still time-stamp
records on creation, but use an appropriate union query to bring together
the right set for the current user.

Or have I misunderstood something?

John