[AccessD] Converting to MySql

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Jul 9 10:57:54 CDT 2007

Dear List:

I have a request to make my manufacturing package compatible with MySql.  I
use some bound forms, and a lot of DAO.  The app is split FE/BE with linked
tables pointing to the BE.  I also allow the user to select the BE they want
so they can run multiple BEs if desired.

What would be involved in doing this?  Would it be enough of a rewrite that
it would require a separate product?  Or can the current product be made
'switchable' between an Access BE and a MySql BE?

MTIA

Rocky