[AccessD] Urgent request for a quick tip: How to switch off "View or function is not updatable because the modification affects multiple base tables"

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Jul 27 03:28:33 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I have an issue with MS SQL 2005/Express here: I wanted to create a stored
procedure definition for it, which uses insert against non updatable query.
When I'm trying to create such a stored procedure I (obviously) get

"View or function 'xxxx' is not updatable because the modification affects
multiple base tables"

MS SQL 2000 doesn't give me this message and quietly creates my stored
procedure.

I currently to not care that the stored procedure I wanted to create in MS
SQL 2005/Express uses non-updatable query - IOW I just need to save my SP in
MS SQL 2005 and proceed with the next tasks...

I guess there should be a way to suppress the message mentioned above but I
do not know currently how.

Could you please give me some hints? (I'm looking in parallel in
docs/google)...

Of course I can just comment inserts/updates used in my SP against
non-updatable queries but I do not want to go this (easy) way....

Thanks.

--
Shamil