[AccessD] Going CRUD way...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Mon Jul 30 05:47:25 CDT 2007

Hi All,

It looks like we haven't yet have here CRUD vs. (mainly) dynamic manually
written SQL vs. metadata-driven application (frameworks) development debate?
Or did I miss it?

Anyway my question is what do you prefer to use when developing applications
against MS SQL backend:?

- 1) CRUD SPs based approach to work with base tables + custom SPs(views,
UDFs,...) to implement custom functionality - and SPs only "visible to outer
world"?

- 2) dynamic SQL - DAO, ADO, ADO.NET (mainly) manually written etc. with or
without SPs (views, UDFs,...)?

- 3) metadata driven (flexible) dynamic SQL approach?

- 4) you do not use not the first not the second not the third approach -
you do use a "mixture" of them IOW you just write code to implement custom
functionality and whatever approach to use in every certain case you usually
decide as you go...

- 5) something else (please add other useful approached I missed to mention
here)...

Thank you.

--
Shamil