[AccessD] Never Take a job for a friend (Three level designquestion)

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:50:41 CDT 2007

Joe,

I have a db that allows multiple people can add notes.  No One can edit old
notes.  Each note has a DT stamp,User_ID, and note type.  The notes are
added via an unbound box.

If I wanted to impliment what you described...I would probably add a field
to my notes table...and along with DTS and USER...I would add a User_Type to
the notes.

Dispatchers =D
Field supervisor =F
manager =M
executive notes=E

Each time a note is created the User_Type would be populated with one of the
above depending on the users level of access.

One the form/subform displaying the notes...I would change the data source
via VBA(depending on user), the 'where' clause specifically.  If a
dispatcher is logged in..."where User_Type ='D'"...since Dispatchers cannot
add notes...none would be returned.  See below:

EXAMPLE WHERE CLAUSES
Dispatchers =where User_Type ='D'
Field supervisor =where User_Type ='D' or User_Type ='F'
manager =where User_Type ='D' or User_Type ='F' or User_Type ='M'
executive notes=where User_Type ='D' or User_Type ='F' or User_Type ='M' or
User_Type='E'

Just a thought...

Good Luck,

Mark A. Matte