[AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Thu Jul 5 07:19:59 CDT 2007

John:

Could you include code to open and close all queries, "hide" the code so
only you run it, but then run it before posting the new update to the FE?
That should recreate any query plans, shouldn't it?

Thomas F. Ewald
Stryker Mass Properties
General Dynamics Land Systems

John Colby responded to Steve Schapel:

Ohhhh that is something to consider, I kinda knew this but never thought
of it in quite this light.  I build and then upload to a server.  The
users download the FE every day.  Thus the first time they open anything
it will be slow, every day.  Sigh.

Steve had said:

And here's another thing I only found out about this week... the first
time a saved query is run after the database is compacted, will be slow,
because the query plan has to be re-created.  So if you compact/repair the
front-end application file, queries will run slow the first time, and
forms based on queries will open slowly the first time.

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.