[AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Jul 5 09:03:13 CDT 2007

Annie,

  Besides keeping a pointer open to the BE at all times, which John already
mentioned:

1. Make sure that the MDB/MDEs are not being virus scanned on the clients
and server.
2. If a NT/2000/2003 server is used to share the backend, consider turning
off OPLOCKS (opportunistic locking).
3. Make sure the backend is only a level or two deep in the directory
structure and access via a drive letter rather then UNC naming convention.

  I think everything else has already been mentioned.  At the application
level, Indexing of course is critical.

Jim.