[AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jul 5 09:34:46 CDT 2007

Hi Mark

We've had success too with this kind of a server loaded with Linux/Samba, either NAS-Lite or FreeNAS (discussed previously in several threads).

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 05-07-2007 16:21 >>>
Here in this office they have what they call a 'resource server'...basically
a desktop...with a shared folder housing the BE.  The DB is the only thing
on this machine.  The reason is that their public drive gets so much
traffic...the db was taking a serious performance hit.  So I have a copy of
the FE on each machine...the BE on an isolated shared machine.  Everytime
they launch the FE...the FE is updated if updates are available...relinks
the BE if necessary...and off we go.

Mark A. Matte