[AccessD] Require password for linked MDB tables

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sun Jul 22 16:18:52 CDT 2007

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'm in the middle of installing
Vista on my system and do not have everything installed yet.

I do not open databases that way, I use something like:
Set dbDatabase = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(lstrEnterpriseDB, True, False,
";pwd=" & SECUREPW)

Where in your case, SECUREPW would be the password that the user entered.  I
am sure that you could modify your version to include the ';pw=somepassword'
functionality.

Basically your connection string looks like this (for later versions (not
sure of 2007) of Access:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\My.mdb;Password=SomePassword;

Hope this helps,