[AccessD] Primary Key Best Practices

Thu Jul 26 12:29:53 CDT 2007

I do whish this thread would come to an end. It seem to be just fodder for
the personality contestants.

"How can you defend your position by stating on a DATABASE development list
that your arguments are from a user prospective?" - because this is an
ACCESS database development list, and as far as SQL server goes, we are
users (unless like John you have a server farm in the back room and are
running the whole show single handed).

Ok. So Charlotte initially said "you cannot do X", and then John pounced and
said "yes you can".

Big deal. Charlotte did not explicitly specify "In Access", and John in his
rebuttal kinda sorta forgot to explicitly mention he was working inside SQL
server. Big deal again.

I repeat, this is an Access developer list. We should be talking about what
you can and can't do in Access (which is what Charlotte did). Ok. Compare
and contrast with other RDBMS, but do we really need dozens of "she said /
he said" messages on a somewhat tired topic?

Please deep six it.

Lambert