[AccessD] Importing from Excel

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:18:14 CDT 2007

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking...but #2 sounds like you want to do
some formatting?  If so...below is some code I use to format a spreadsheet
(from within Access), that is actually created from an exported Access
report.  If I missed the point...sorry, let me know and I'll try again.

Good Luck,

Mark A. Matte
P.S...the formatting is based on a recordset within the db.

    With appExcel
        .Workbooks.Open strpathTemp1, 0
        '.Visible = True 'just to watch the sheet
        .ActiveSheet.Name = strReport
        .Range("A1:AC1").Select
        .Selection.Font.Bold = True
        .Selection.Font.Name = "Arial"
        .Selection.Font.Size = 12
        Do Until MyRst.NoMatch
            Counter = Counter + 1
            .Cells(1, Counter) = MyRst!Reas_cd
            If MyRst![View] = 0 Then .Cells(1, Counter).Font.Color = 255
            MyRst.FindNext strSQL
        Loop
        .Columns.AutoFit
        .Rows.AutoFit