[AccessD] OT Friday: was (VBA abandoned in Office 2008 for Mac)

Bruce Bruen bbruen at unwired.com.au
Fri Jun 1 03:11:53 CDT 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 04:46, jwcolby wrote:
> And did you actually read that stuff?  I have never seen so much text used
> to impart so little information.

<el snipperoony!

"Beyond the secure(1), reliable(2) & extensible(3) infrastructure of IIS,
developers can easily(4) create Web applications with more interactive(5),
more responsive(6) and more efficient(7) client-side execution(*) using the
seamless(8) integration and familiar(9) programming model of ASP.NET AJAX and
other extensions & enhancements(10)."

Jeez JC, can't you tell satire when you see it?

(1) Aha! A commedian!
(2) Not as funny as his first.
(3) = now requires 6 tech staff to support.
(4) Hey Mr Boss, if we send M$ codename WhitePointer zillions of bucks we can
get 8 year olds to develop our web services, that'll save thousands.
(5) = has even MORE buggy, virus-magnet controls
(6) = BSOD's even faster than before
(7) Ulterior motive - see next point.
(*) = not only BSOD's but actually destroys the client PC
(8) Ah "seamless", it's an old joke but sadly no longer a goody.
(9) I don't get this one, I thought AJAX was a cleaning agent?
(10) = total disclaimer for everything stated beforehand.

or a loose translation...

"Beyond the secure, reliable & extensible infrastructure of IIS"
==> Given that beyond implies "somewhere else" then this = "USING APACHE"

"developers can easily create Web applications with more interactive, more
responsive and more efficient client-side execution"
==> Loosely, again as we are still "Beyond" then this = "USING APACHE AND ANY
WEB SERVICE DEVELOPMENT TOOL(s) OTHER THAN Orcas codename AbsoluteTwaddle,
ORDINARILY DECENT, STABLE WEB SITES CAN BE CREATED"

"using the seamless(8) integration and familiar(9) programming model of
ASP.NET AJAX"
==> (8723498 Syntax error : does not parse)

"and other extensions & enhancements."
==> Loosely, retaining the "beyond" then,   tada....

"USING APACHE AND ANY WEB SERVICE DEVELOPMENT TOOL(s) OTHER THAN Orcas
codename AbsoluteTwaddle, ORDINARILY DECENT, STABLE WEB SITES CAN BE CREATED
WITHOUT HAVING TO USE OUR PRODUCT"

btw, That was all I read of it.

--
regards