[AccessD] Data interface The best way

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 26 14:42:37 CDT 2007

Hi Shamil et al

Just passed this old thread.
RDM is now at Birdstep Technology:

http://www.birdstep.com/products/template.php?contentID=11

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 18-10-2005 23:38 >>>

Well,  and I used this one since DOS 2.x(?) IBM PC XT 8MHz 640KB RAM/10GB
HDD, Turbo C 1.0 - it was called first dbVista then Raima Data Manager and
now RDM Embedded:
http://www.raimabenelux.com/Products/RDM_embedded/default.htm

The fastest on Earth probably embedded DBMS :)
Has server vesion too.
Has ODBC.
Has query language a la SQL.
Has advanced object mapping since year 1990 or earlier (C++).
Runs on all OSes you listed + QNX etc. - in fact it runs on any OS, which
can compile C  - it is delivered as binary executables and libraries for
certain OS +  full C source code i.e. it's written completely on C.

etc.etc.

It uses ISAM-like/VSAM-like indexed files and double-linked lists.

But it can't compete with MS SQL and even with MS Access these days and so
it occupies rather narrow niche of embedded DBMSs....

...my colleague uses it for many years for an advanced lightning fast
payroll system, which was first programmed on MS DOS and now runs under MS
Windows (any version) and under IIS - one example how C/C++ programminng
saves one's code assets forever....

Shamil