[AccessD] How to start a form in acDialog mode

philippe pons phpons at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:46:26 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a form, say myForm, and another one, say mySisterForm, that just show
a combo box to the user.

At one point, the vba code behind myForm will start mySisterForm to allow
the user toselected a value from the combo.

The the code behind myForm has to start mySisterForm, and wait until
mySisterForm closes, and grab the selected value(put in a global variable!)

This is well known, and I know how to do that using DoCmd acForm,
mySisterForm .name, , , , acDialog.

But the point is I want to open mySisterForm in a different way!!

Dim frm as Form
Set frm As New Form_mySisterForm

frm.visible=True

is the way I want to go...but there, the code will not wait until
mySisterForm  closes!!!

Even if I set: frm.Modal = True

How would you do that, unless it is not possible?

TIA,

Philippe