[AccessD] Set Database Options in Code

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Fri Jun 29 13:51:44 CDT 2007

Hide the Ribbon When Access Starts
Access Developer Reference

By default, Microsoft Office Access 2007 does not provide a method
for hiding the Ribbon. This topic describes how to load a customized
ribbon that hides all of the built-in tabs.

To load the customized ribbon when Access starts, you should store
its settings in a table named USysRibbons.

The USysRibbons table must be created using specific column names in
order for the Ribbon customizations to be implemented. The following
table describes the settings to use when creating the USysRibbons table.
Column Name Data Type Description
RibbonName Text Contains the name of the custom ribbon to be
associated with this customization.
RibbonXML Memo Contains the Ribbon Extensibility XML (RibbonX) that
defines the Ribbon customization.

The following table describes the Ribbon customization settings to
store in the USysRibbons table.
Column Name Value
RibbonName HideTheRibbon
RibbonXML <CustomUI
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/CustomUI"> <Ribbon
startFromScratch="true"/></CustomUI>

Applying the Customized Ribbon When Access Starts

To implement a custom UI so that it is available when the application
starts, do the following:
Follow the process described previously to make the customized ribbon
available to the application.
Close and then restart the application.
Click the Microsoft Office Button
Button image
 and then click Access Options.
Click the Current Database option and then, in the Ribbon and Toolbar
Options section, click the Ribbon Name list and select HideTheRibbon.
Close and restart the application.