[AccessD] Friday Humour (was: VBA abandoned in Office 2008 for Mac)

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:48:16 CDT 2007

LOL!  generally speaking, I think the number four is unlucky only if it
exists in a series (ie. floor 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), then the fourth floor
would be considered unlucky (but the eighth floor would most popular).
other examples would be phone numbers, license plates, donation amounts,
etc...

On 6/1/07, Gustav Brock <Gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:

> Hi Marty
>
> Really? They could just reserve room no. 4 for Western tourists. Who would
> care?
> And most things with corners do have four of these. It must be difficult
> to move around if you believe in this, except on bicycle, not to say in a
> 4WD car - must be like driving directly to Hell!
>
> /gustav

> I believe they also dodge the number 4. It is considered
> unlucky in Singaopore, Korea, China and Japan. You will see it skipped
> on floors and room numbers in hotels.
>
> Gustav Brock wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >Oh my ... some power superior to MS does exist! Who would have believed
> that?
> >
> >Seriously, how ridiculous is this? Even on a Friday.
> >
> >/gustav

> >There is no Access 13 due to Triskaidekaphobia

Billy Pang
http://dbnotes.blogspot.com/
"Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." -
Italian proverb