[AccessD] JWC in California

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Mon Jun 11 16:44:34 CDT 2007

Yup. Before the census was digitized and available online,  the closest place I could see the microfilm was about a 45 min drive during non-rush-hour. I'd be working on a client project and need to see a census. I'd grab my keys and head out, look at the film, and come back home again. (Gas prices weren't a consideration then either).

On the other hand, my aunt lived about a 45 minute drive (no rush hour considerations) from her daughter. They would make plans a couple weeks in advance to go see her and it always involved spending the night because of the distance. It blew her mind the first time I stayed with her, and told her where I was going to research an hour away.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net