[AccessD] Form hangs when setting listbox selected index

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Tue Jun 12 14:25:47 CDT 2007

Chris,

In addition to Jim's advice, for which you could alternatively use:
  If rs.RecordCount = 0 Then

... I am also unfamiliar with the concept of:
  Me!List0.Recordset
Should that be?...
  Me!List0.RowSource

A further comment... And far as I know, DAO is not ancient.  Whereas
Microsoft, in line with the introduction of ADPs, made ADO the default
for Access 2000 and Access 2002, this was then reversed for Access 2003
and Access 2007, and as you know, ADPs have lost favour.  Even in Access
2000 days, some of the unofficial communication from Microsoft was that
DAO/Jet/ODBC was the recommended way to connect to SQL Server backends.
  No, DAO is not ancient, and I believe should still be regarded as the
#1 data access technology for Access.

Regards
Steve