[AccessD] Birthday in table

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Fri Jun 15 09:25:12 CDT 2007

You could try this:

Make birthdate field a date, as if you planned to always know the
person's actual date of birth.

>From your interface, offer the ability to enter any part of the
birthdate.  Many of our clients are really after 'approximate age' , so
we gave the opportunity to enter '37' in a text box labeled 'Current
Age', and then converted that to a birthdate of today's date in the
appropriate year.

In your case, it would be a little more complex, but if you had separate
text boxes for month and day as well as for year, with an approximate
age option so you could calculate an approximate year, you could put it
all together into a valid date before writing out to your table.

HTH,

Liz

Liz Doering
elizabeth.j.doering at wellsfargo.com
612.667.2447

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.