[AccessD] Address Recognition

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Fri Jun 15 17:17:22 CDT 2007

...two suggestions ...first, I use the exception list in a version of Dave
Bell's Access proper case module to change things like Rd, Ln, St, Str, etc
to their full standard spelling whenever I'm adding addresses ...gets about
90% of them and everytime I find a new twist, it gets added so it improves
the more you use it ...I think JC still has that code on his site ...and
second, the USPO maintains an address validation database that does a pretty
good job of giving you correct addresses based upon your input ...you can
get tools from their web site to do the job and there are a number of 3rd
party tools, some of which you can integrate.

...hth

William Hindman