[AccessD] Address Recognition

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Sat Jun 16 21:22:24 CDT 2007

Hi Reuben, your friend could be regular expressions.  Here is something
that would get most of your street address:

^(\d+\s+[a-zA-Z]+\s+([.a-zA-Z]+)?)

^ = start of string, this is optional
\d+ = 1 or more digits
\s+ = 1 or more spaces
[a-zA-Z]+ = 1 or more alpha chars
([a-zA-Z]+)? 1 or more alpha char **maybe**
the [] creates a class of characters to match

the parenthsis at the start and end capture the whole matching string and
saves it a global read-only variable you can dereference.  If you want to
capture 485 1/2 you try relpacing the \d+ with something like:

[/0-9\s]+

hth, Mike...