[AccessD] FW: Hi I am back and stuck Follow up

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:45:06 CDT 2007

You can safely remove that part of the code and simplify the line right down
to:

   rs.FindFirst "[EmpRecNum] = " & Me.Combo27

The rest is rather superfluous error checking. (If the combo opens empty and
you don't make a selection then the AfterUpdate won't occur. Second, the
string conversion is unnecessary because Access understands what you mean.

But I don't think that's your issue. I'm sticking with References. ADO
doesn't have a FindFirst method. It's just called Find. Thus, my guess is
that you're using a version of Access that defaults to ADO (I think that
began in 2000), but you're writing DAO syntax. Check the references and see
if ActiveX Data Objects is selected. If so, then you need to set an
additional reference to DAO and then move it up higher than ADO in the list,
or alternatively specifically reference which one you want in the creation
of the recordset. What you should be seeing in your list of references is:

Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (version) Object library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object library

If you include both, then you can specifically refer to one of them like
this:

Sub Test()
    Dim rs1 As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim rs2 As DAO.Recordset