[AccessD] Address Recognition

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 17 16:57:37 CDT 2007

Here is a mdb, I wrote awhile back for Access 97 to footle around
with Regular expressions. With 97 , you had to force a reference but
in 2000 you just need a reference to vbscript.dll to get version 5.5 or 5.6
andalso remove the startup code to force a reference. Version 5.5 has extra
objects to handle Multiline or SubExpressions.

See text files.

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp
    Regular Expression Validator (RegularExpressionValidator.mdb) (92
KB) Access 97

 From the documentor method within above mbd here is what the
expressions do.

^(\d+\s+[a-zA-Z]+\s+([.a-zA-Z]+)?)

Start of input
Followed by Pattern-1: (
    digit one or more times
    Followed by whitespace one or more times
    Followed by any of a, -, z, A, -, Z one or more times
    Followed by whitespace one or more times
Followed by Pattern-2: (
        any of ., a, -, z, A, -, Z one or more times
    )-end-Pattern-2 zero or one times
)-end-Pattern-1

^([/0-9\s]+\s+[a-zA-Z]+\s+([.a-zA-Z]+)?)

Start of input
Followed by Pattern-1: (
    any of /, 0, -, 9, whitespace one or more times

Reuben Cummings wrote:

>That looks really cool.  However, I have to admit, I don't understand a lick
>of it.
>
>What in the world do I do with it?
>
>Reuben Cummings
>GFC, LLC