[AccessD] NZ for Null

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Wed Jun 20 15:54:49 CDT 2007

Virginia,

I agree with Arthur and Dan.  I can't see the beginning of this thread,
so I'm not sure whether this expression is being used in code, or in a
calculated field in a query, or in the Control Source of a calculated
textbox on your report.  Anyway, something else to bear in mind is that
the Nz() function returns a string, so it is sometimes tricky.  If you
want the result to still behave as a number (e.g. to apply number
formats etc), you have to convert it back to a numerical value again,
typically by wrapping it inside a Val() function.

Regards
Steve