[AccessD] Graphics not printing

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Jun 20 21:06:40 CDT 2007

Hi Arthur,
Some experiences along those lines:

I recently had to change the default graphic (a .BMP) for an application
(used for Splash Screens, Form and Report display, etc.) which I hold in a
user system table. Originally when I entered the graphic some years ago, MS
Photo Editor or MS Paint was the default program for opening BMPs. Even
though Photoshop is now the default program for opening BMPs, before I
changed the graphic it displayed perfectly well. I inserted the new graphic
and it would display oddly. I went in and set MS Paint to be the default
image handler for that type of graphic, reinserted it into the table and it
displayed fine. I closed the application, then changed the default program
for BMPs back to Photoshop and reopened the application. It still displayed
correctly. Apparently Access stores the associated application in the table
with the graphic.

I had another instance of this where another developer, using A2k, had MS
Photo Editor as the default image handler when an application was developed
and then when it was installed for one of my clients (where MS Office 2003
Picture Manager has taken over that role) the image didn't display
correctly. I installed MS Photo Editor on one of the client's PCs and all
was well again. (It was for a special report that was only printed from one
PC). I have no idea how she coded the image in that instance but it is what
prompted me to try what I did in my recent experience.

John B.