[AccessD] NZ for Null

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Thu Jun 21 10:02:50 CDT 2007

The Standard formatting worked for the code / fields that are fields in
the tables. But it does not even allow the choice of Format (standard)
from the dropdown when the field is from a query total. The report is
based on a query to get the Net Totals and another query to show the
Purchased units. Both queries and a table are brought into a query for
the report. So the report fields from the calculated query do not allow
formats.

This seemed to work:

Net Issued: Format(Nz(qry_nonpurchases.SumOfUnits,0),"#,###")

The NZ function will substitute 0 for Null for your parameters, but the
Format(Standard) and DecimalPlaces = 0 will control how the data in the
field on the report will look.  i.e. 7400 vs. 7,400.

Give it a try - let me know how it worked.

Dan