[AccessD] Third conference?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 21 11:15:06 CDT 2007

Hi Arthur:

Having a conference in Toronto would be a great idea.

A few years or more like many years ago (1984) I went as a rep for the
'Victoria Commodore64 Users Group' to the huge conference hosted by TPUG
(Toronto Pet Users Group). The conference filled a whole school with a
variety of seminars going on in various class rooms through out and the
Gymnasium was where the main addresses given by the Gurus of the day. It was
an awesome event and you could not have asked for better hosts. The local
group was so large at that time that they produced 2 different magazine...
one the 'Transactor' was excellent. (I had a subscription for years.)

In 1995, went there again with a friend who had created a Windows like OS
that used the 6800 chip set, hand coded in assembler, ran on all Atari's and
Mac Classics up, could network all of them, operated in less the 256K and
screamed. We went to the Toronto Atari User Group conference and though not
as huge as the first conference, it was a good size and we were made more
than welcome. I was the product presenter and together we sold almost a
hundred copies of my friends OS.

Toronto computer conferences bring back a lot of great memories. I am sure a
conference there has the potential to be unmatched.

Jim