[AccessD] Access 2007 - Type Mismatch

Gale Perez galeper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:48:40 CDT 2007

Hi Gustav and Andy,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.  I tried it with the single/double
quotes, but it's stubbornly insisting "type mismatch."  I changed the "dim"
statement, but am now getting the "method or member not found" error on the
line following it.  I don't have much experience with writing this kind of
code, so maybe I am missing something!  Here's what I've got now:

Dim db As Database
Set db = CurrentDb

Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Set rst = OpenRecordset(strSQL) 'getting an error here

If Not (rst.EOF And rst.BOF) Then
    Cancel = True
    msgbox "This number has already been used.  Please enter another
number.", vbOKOnly, conAppTitle
    Response = acDataErrContinue
End If