[AccessD] Access Reopens?!?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Mar 6 14:06:05 CST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I have a database right now that is exhibiting strange behavior.  This is a
FE/BE database with a library mdb referenced by the FE.

When I take a certain action, the database will shutdown normally, but then
the library mdb will open at a certain place in a certain procedure and a
form, designed as a messagebox with colored buttons, opens to ask me a
question.  On that form I can usually click one of the two buttons, but in
this particular sequence the form is unresponsive.  And when this form
opens, there is no Access window, just the form on the PC desktop.  When
this happens, I go to task manager, but Access doesn't show as one of the
running applications.  MS Access does show as one of the running processes,
and when I close that process the unresponsive form will close.  This is
completely repeatable, and is happening on my PC and on a client's system.

This particular code has worked fine for at least a year, and I don't know
what I might have done to change it.

I've already imported all the objects into a new database for both the FE
and library, but that didn't fix it.  My next step is to comment out all the
code in both databases, decompile, compile, compact & repair, and then
import all the objects into new databases (this will take hours!).

Does anyone have any magic tricks to find or fix something like this?

Thanks!
Dan Waters