[AccessD] Combo Box Not Showing All Records

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Mar 12 17:27:41 CDT 2007

Dear List:

I have a combo box on a form with seven fields.  There is an option frame on
the form to let the user select how the data in the combo box is to be
sorted.  The options are Order Number, Customer, P.O., Date Out, and First
Use Date.

In the after update event of the option frame I set the row source of the
combo box, adjust the widths of the columns, and requery the box. I have
five separate queries.

Problem is that not all the records show up in the box although they all
show up in the query.

Order Number works correctly.  By Customer the query selects 19488 records
but the combo box only displays 18242.  Sort by Date Out the query selects
19301 records but the combo box only shows 139.  First Use date - the query
selects 19733 but the combo box only shows 15385. Purchase Order  - the
query selects 13060 but the combo box only goes down to 13055 (so close!)

This is an A2K data base running on SP-3.

But the A2K format mdb all works correctly in A2K3!

Any ideas what's going on here?

MTIA

Rocky